Autumn project 1: New cotehardie

Since I got only two “everyday wool dresses and much more court garb I choose to wait a bit with my planned new pearl project (more about this in a later post). And instead I´m going to start with the green short sleeved cotehardie that I have been planning since last summer. I bought a lovely green wool from Handelsgillet and the plan was to do something like this dress but with buttons all the way down and removeble tippets.

.b65d70b49aaf1c96cb2f0517f52e2492

I have found some italian cotehardies that I really like, and since I´m a sucker for italian fashion from 1400-1600 century that fits me good! That both of them are green and purple like my colours in my coat of arms are even better.  I do plan to do the dress green and the tippets purple instead.

a0197e029c6f8e6d1834d0eb9d83a9df e2745429f4d34d451b64f53bee6bdfd4

The tippets are going to be shaped like this:

950494406fcd335c449c11c9b3b0e0ad a48665298a2dade9cfe988e2a4285572

I´m also thinking about adding pocket slits on the green one but I haven´t made up my mind yet.
3a4d7d0115b272c7575efe4ad3055f56

At Pennsic I found alot of nice fabrics and one of them are a tin grey/brown wool that will make a perfect middle layer dress! And that matches the colour on the first manuscript painting well.  I also bought small pearled pewter buttons from Billy and Charlie. They are among the best salesman I´ve ever meet. I think I went there 5 or 6 times just because of them and there ways (and prices of course) <3. I´ve planning to put them on the arms on the grey/brown dress.

wpid-20140825_110721.jpgb65d70b49aaf1c96cb2f0517f52e2492

I have earlier made three dresses inspired from Herjolsfnes, all of them was made after dress nr 38. I didn´t make them lose fitted do, I choose to do them thight. Those dresses qvick became my favorite type of dress because of the fitting! When I did them I did not do the pocket slits, and I used buttons on the arms and lacing on one of them and buttons and short arms on the other one. I don´t have any picture of me alone in the outfit but here I am with some friends at Visby 2013. 
1175345_10151779865971187_1537170922_n

And one where I´m fixing my moy bog where you can see the sleeve gusset. I´ve found a picture on a type of gussets that looks like this but have two pieces instead and bottons!

                      1173737_10151677975809355_1961000366_n 7a790f46ef2758219780c5b8c1698ffc

So for the middle dress I probably going to use the same pattern as I used last time I did nr 38, only this time with the pocket slits. I will maybe add tablet woven piping in the pcokets slits and the arm and front opening. For the green dress maybe nr 45 or some other pattern. And if I have patiens enough a frilled veil!

With a bit of luck I get so much green wool left that i can do a miparti with one of the silk wools from Pennsic, they match each other good I think. And my lovely bucklet “based on a piece c. 1240-1250, Carrand Colection, Museo Nationale del Bargello, Florence” from Raymonds quite press will be great to the dresses. And so will my belt that I´ve ordered 😀

wpid-20140825_110844.jpg wpid-20140825_110753.jpg

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Autumn project 1: New cotehardie

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s