Dyed some velvet

So I´ve also plan to start a new pearl project sometime this autumn or winter. I have never done a cranach and I happen to have nearly six meters of cotton velvet laying around that a bought many years ago and it would not cost me so much to start on this project. I decided to dye it green (in a very mordern way do). First with 2 packs of Herdins olive green colour and than with only one small pack of “buteljegreen” (bottle green)

The first two pictures are from how it looked before I started coloring it. The third and fourth are after the olive green wash and the fifth and sixth are after the “buteljgreen” wash. The last wash made the green just a little deeper.

wpid-20140826_113448.jpg wpid-20140826_113458.jpg wpid-20140826_135127.jpg wpid-20140826_135209.jpgwpid-20140826_201431.jpg wpid-20140826_201354.jpg

Advertisements

One thought on “Dyed some velvet

  1. Pingback: Pearl project 2.0 | Silwa goes purjo

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s