Progress

Theres been some progress with my new dress. All lacing holes are done and so are the tablet woven edges on both sides. I´ve attached the arms and one of them have already tablet woven edges and some buttons and buttonholes to. I still have one arm edge to weave and many buttonholes to do…

A try to medieval garb

Some days ago I come across some photos taken of me on my first and second Medieval week in Visby. This was before the SCA and 11-10 years ago. The pictures made me think about how I feelt when I started my jorney in Nordmark and how much I have developed my garb since then.…

Wax on, wax off…

Today I´ve bought some bee wax tiles and decided to melt them down. Guess I can sell some because it turned out to be more then I thought! I used my forms that are made for making “mandelmusslor” (almond mussels badly translated) and some ice chocolate form. I love the wax “flowers”!

Herjolfsnes/cotehardie work has started…

And I´ve come quite far on the first dress. The bodyparts are all stitched together and almost all the seems are folded and stitched down. On side of the front opening have gotten a tablet woven edge. The first one I´ve ever made besides two small test pieces. This was also the first time I…